Some things to keep in mind when wearing this trend:
– Roll up/cuff the jeans to make it look intentional (no walk of shame here!) and break up the boxiness.
– Pair the baggy, boyfriend jeans with a more feminine top and heels if possible (like shown above) so you don’t actually end up looking like a boyfriend
– Try a ton on and see which are flattering on you! This trend is teeter-tottering on “ick” unless you get the fit exactly right.
– If you have a pair of straight leg jeans that are several sizes too large lying around (or your bf/hubbie is just a few sizes bigger than you….not the case in my household. I tried on dear hubbie’s and after buttoning up, they literally fell to the ground. Sorry streak frites for ousting you!), you may want to try just rolling up the hems to see if it works.
Distressed denim tips:
– Roll up/cuff the jeans
– Pair with something simple and clean (like a plain white v-neck) and cute simple gladiators. There is a lot going on in your pants and you don’t want to overdo it.
If nothing else….get out a pair of straight leg jeans and roll them up for a fresh look this spring/summer!